Sunday, June 22, 2008

Bangalore, buck up!

There is something in Ahmedabad which I have not found in Bangalore. Marts. Not food mart or mega-mart brands but hyper marts and mega marts. I had gone to the Star Bazar(Tata's) the other day and spent two hours shopping and looking around the store. It had two floors and contained everything from stationaries to groceries to electronic hair curls, from provisions to bakery to pram to clothes to wine glasses and what not. All under one roof. I was amazed to see the variety of items they possessed. I asked the store manager how many items they had. He replied about 50,000 to 60,000 items. I guess he meant 50,000 to 60,000 different types of items. And coming from a city like Bangalore where I used to shop regularly at Food World, I feel I have come from a small town to a real city.

No comments:

Post a Comment