Friday, July 12, 2024

Learning from others

Some of life's important lessons I have learnt are from unexpected people whom I got to know pretty closely:

1. A 80 year lady landlord staying with her mother of 94 years old during 2006-2008 during my first job.

She had no children and her husband had passed away 5-10 years ago. She stayed in the first floor of the building while renting out the ground floor to me and my roommate. She was well educated and had stayed abroad for a long time. She was educated, elegant and respected. 

The other building in the compound belonged to her sister who had a daughter. The odd thing was that the sister didnt like my landlady as she was jealous of the love my landlady showered on her daughter. Also, she had mentioned to me that her sister wanted her to will away the house to her.

I have wondered many times what does she have to look forward everyday to get up to? Maybe taking care of her mom. But what after her mom passes away, even while the world eyeing to take away the wealth from the lonely widow.

What do you have to look forward for each day you get up?

Everybody needs a purpose,  or atleast something to be busy with.

2. Chaitanya Sathe

A school friend with a brilliant mind for physics, mathematics and equations who died in an accidental fall while mountaineering and living his life.

Although very sad to pass away below 40 years, the question remains: Is the best way to die doing what you love best?

3. A divorce of a friend from a love marriage years ago.

How 2 people attracted to each other have grown apart over the years and have nothing in common apart from the kids.

Having more common things and interests with spouse to discuss, engage and find solutions is the key to not grow apart and not be disinterested

4. A friend whom I try teaching how to live life better. In the process, I am able to introspect a lot of things, somethings in some new perspectives and I am learning new things including many insights which come out as blog posts these days.

Teaching is the best way to learn.

5. Listening to my daughter.

The most unexpected source of learning the latest things. She had worked on creating ai based images in canva with great images (no installation, no payment and better images) while the world is not aware and trying hard with stable diffusion, Leonardo and another tool.

Talk to other exploratory people.

No comments:

Post a Comment