Monday, April 20, 2009

Knocked out but not out

Been hit hard, hit very hard, so hard that I was totally knocked out, no idea of who I was, where I was, until I gained my consciousness hours later. Never expected this fight to be so fierce, thought I had won the fight, until it hit me so hard today. I shouldn't have teased it, shouldn't have provocated it, and at least shouldn't have ignored it, but then it wouldn't have hit me so hard. Nobody was there when I was out cold, nobody called for me, nobody came to me, when it hit me so hard. But now, as it dawns on me, the prolonged fights are very strenuous, tiring and dangerous, its effects can last more than a day or two, and the body needs a lot of rest to cope up with the fights. Not much damage done, no permanent scars, just a few vital lessons to be learnt, and I have to be on my toes for the next round of fighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment