Monday, October 19, 2009

Signing off

I recently got an email with the following sign off "xoxo". Knowing the person's sophistication, I knew this was something I clearly didnt know. I searched it online and wikipedia says x= kiss and o=hugs and this expression xoxo is typically to express affection or good friendship at the end of a written letter, email or SMS text message.

I have usually wondered what to write at the end of emails and especially greeting cards to friends(if they are not the closest or if they may not particularly like the words love as a sign off). So I finally did a search which I should have done a long time ago and found this really nice site:


Now, I think I have something new and interesting to sign off with :)
And I think I can also come up with some of my own :)

No comments:

Post a Comment