What to Outsource
Here are some questions to ask yourself when trying to identify functions and activities to outsource:
- Is the activity central to generating profits or creating competitive advantage?
- Is the job a routine task that could be easily communicated to someone else?
- Does the task wastes valuable time and energy?
- Is the function temporary, or does it recurs in cycles?
- Does the activity drains resources that could be better used elsewhere?
- Is the skill required for the job so specialized that it costs more to train someone in-house to do it?
- Is it something nobody wants to do?
Will it be less expensive to have someone else do it?