Sunday, April 10, 2011

Congizant India: another Enron/Satyam?

Congizant Technology Solutions has come a long way from being a mid size player to a heel behind the third largest IT company (Wipro) and will soon overtake it. The growth it has seen in the last three years has not been even matched by one of the peers and is far ahead of the peers(TCS, Infosys, Wipro, HCL Tech,etc). I have a few friends in this company who have been lucky to get 200% bonuses (never ever heard of in IT companies). I asked a few of them, what is the reason for this tremendous growth in topline and profits? All of them say "I really dont know." Nobody I talked to clearly is able to tell me what magic they have done in getting new businesses and maintaining margins.
This answer sounds similar to a few earlier cases. The magic of Enron seemed to be accounting. Satyam was not far behind, though they used magic to just show the industry growth level.
The lack of clear insight and understanding of what CTS did to get the outperformance even from their rivals is whats startling.
I just hope it is not one of the Enrons' or Satyams'.

No comments:

Post a Comment