Friday, January 15, 2010

The highs and lows

Today, a relationship came a full circle. I am now able to see how even relationships can be highly overvalued (eg.: the initial crush) to fair valued (normal pleasant relationship) to undervalued (angry and upset due to an argument) to all the way down next to zero (totally given up on the other person to even communicate with you). The last phrase was next to zero and not zero as there is always some chance and hope that the person will communicate with you at some point in time. This is similar to the stock price of the company never going to exactly zero, but it can go very close to it.
Today, a friend from the last category communicated back. In financial terms, the option value paid off significantly and I am in the money now :)
I don't know if the friendship will ever be as rosy as the days were and if I ever want it to be the same again. I guess I am not going to think a lot about it and just take the improvements as they come, one step at a time.
When you lose something very valuable and get it back out of nowhere, it usually is very exciting. But I don't think it is in case of relationships where you have been hurt very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment