Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A new way to live

For the last 2 weeks, I have trying to live a kind of daily life that you may think is insane, but I don't think so. A lot of words have lost their meaning in my world. I no longer have words called breakfast, lunch, dinner and morning coffee in my dictionary. I have replaced this with meals (even numbering these meals is difficult, it depends on the reference time you take). This is my new, flexible and disciplined schedule which I have been practicing: Come back from classes and sleep from 4pm to 8pm or 6pm to 11pm or so with the traditional dinner parcelled for eating later when I get up. I get up have a cup of tea/coffee and have my parcelled meal at 1am/2am. Spend time after getting up catching up on email, talking with home/friends and studying for the next day classes. At around 5 or 6am, go to bed again to catch a mid night nap of around 2 hrs. Get up again at 7am or 8am(depending on classes), get ready and go to classes. This may come as a shock to you about this kind of a schedule, but I think this has allowed me to discipline myself better and find more peacful time for studying/browsing in the night. In my terms, discipline is not about getting up at 6 am daily and sleeping at 11pm. Discipline is all about doing a thing regularly and at a particular time you decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment